Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The start of Story time!!

I am now going to post maybe one chapter from the story I'm writing every so often! there are two so you might want to figure out which one I'm posting from.
The first one is called Lollipops and Cocoa

Chapter 1

HELP! I’m a Lollipop. Why, I don’t know, but I am. Got a problem with that? Wait a second you don’t even know who I am and why I’m a Lollipop, Frankly I don’t know myself. I’m a lollipop.

It all started that fateful summer day, June 13th. Grandmother, we call her granny, called. Normally I groan when my mom’s mom calls, because she winds on and on about things that don’t concern us (mostly things that don’t concern me). Today it was different.

Granny owns a candy shop, and I was wondering when she was going to have me down; if she was going to have me down. She had invited all of the older cousins down one at a time, and now it was my turn. Hopefully it was my turn, and that is why she was calling.

This is what Granny said, “Hello Cindy! I have a question for you.”

“What granny?” I asked

“I really need some help with the candy shop, and I was wondering if you and a friend wanted to come and help me out.”

“Wha?” I trailed off astonished

“I said,”

“No I heard you; I just can’t believe what you’re asking. Hold on a second I’ll ask my parents.” My parents are awesome they are always supportive of us going to visit my mom’s mom. Probably for the quality work time we get with granny. Mom and dad immediately agreed to let me go.

I was ecstatic! My granny had invited me to stay with a friend! No siblings! Yessssssssssssssssssssss! I jumped up and punched the air, my Granny is the best. I knew immediately who was coming with me, Annie. Oh yea Granny is so the best. Did I mention that already?

Moving on, Annie and I had been friends since we were three. Annie was the total opposite of me. Where I had red naturally curly hair (I was called carrot top at school) she had creamy chocolate brown hair that was always perfect. She had mellow brown eyes while mine were a piercing blue. I had freckles and I hated them, but she didn’t have any, lucky duck. Annie was a peacemaker and I had the horrible fiery temper. I hated my temper. I was always trying to keep it curbed.

I immediately asked Annie and, to my relief, she said she could go. Thank goodness, I could never ask anybody else. Annie is the only person I feel comfortable asking to things like that and if she couldn’t come then I would have a pretty boring time alone. I mean during the times granny’s busy of course. Granny’s not boring.

We left two days later. We were on summer break so we could do that. Granny lives in Layton, Utah which is about an hour away from our houses in Preston, Idaho. Dad was driving us and I don’t know how he handled all that energy that was in the backseat, because we were so hyper. With the naivety of thirteen year old girls, Annie and I planned our time at Granny’s. Little did we know what was going to happen.

We finally reached Granny’s shop. She lived around the corner from her shop, but we came during business hours so she was at the shop.

When we arrived she appeared out front wiping her hands on her apron with that smile I love on her face. I flew up the stairs right into her arms, and gave her a gigantic hug. Annie was a little more reserved, she stuck out her hand and greeted my granny “Hello Mrs. Mun, it’s good to meet you.” granny just turned around and swooped her up in a big bear hug “ Let’s have none of that formality,” she exclaimed “just call me granny.”

Granny is a gray-haired lady with her hair always in a bun, she has blue eyes just like me but hers are warm and humorous, unlike mine. She always wore those small granny glasses and a gingham dress with a white old fashioned apron.

Granny turned to my dad “Good to see you Ken, now get those suitcases to my house and leave, we will be fine.”

“Good to see you too mom, you girls have fun!” he told us and then he left.

“Well!” Granny exclaimed “that get’s him out of our hair” Annie and I giggled a little, who could have thought my granny was so cool? She herded us inside and told us “Well we must get started.”

“With what, granny?” Annie asked

“Why making candy what else?” granny replied surprised.

“You make candy!?” I asked

“You didn’t know that Cindy?”

“No was I supposed to?”

“You mean your mom has never told you?”

“Told me what?”


So What do you think so far? Comments please!!!

Quote of the day: "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

Albert Einstein

No comments:

Post a Comment