Monday, September 20, 2010

Cell Phones!!

I'm going to sound like a teacher, administrator, etc. for a minute so bear with me. As I sat in Church on Sunday I looked across the bench to the bench across the aisle and what did I see? A boy with his cell phone on and he was texting or some such nonsense. On my 'note' paper, (really doodle paper) I immediately wrote "next rant on blog cell phones" So here goes.

Cell phones are an abomination if used inappropriately. Now your all going to say "But Brigitte don't you want/have one?" No I don't have one, Yes I do want one. But I did not say they were a bad thing, I said that they are an abomination if used inappropriately!

Some settings where Cell phones become an abomination, Church, School, Concerts, Performances of any kind.

1) Church,
I don't know about you but in Church I try to feel the spirit, to learn and to grow. If someones cell phone happens to go off in Church it becomes a toy of the Devil trying to tear the spirit away from those of us who came to learn and grow (I'm LDS just if your a little confused)

2) School
right now it's not much of a problem because there's a strict rule against cell phones, but according to my High School friends, that may change. Even right now I see kids pulling out their cell phones and texting during class, boy does that bug me!

3) Concerts and Performances
The auditorium is filled with a hush and only the sounds of the cast/orchestra/band/choir/etc. fill the auditorium, suddenly a brash ringing fills the hall. "Rude!" is the word firmly planted in my brain when I hear this sound. I'm maybe playing/listening but to do it well, I need just the thing I'm watching/listening to/playing not some rude phone! Every performance I've ever been to they ask you to turn off your cell phones before it begins, please do so! It not only disturbs the performers but the people around you trying to listen/watch.

Please, oh, please, oh please, oh please, be courteous. use your cell phones in a correct context and setting

Done with rant . . . for now . . .

Quote of the day:

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

Robert A. Heinlein

No comments:

Post a Comment