Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Ya Missed the Memo

Guys. The Logan weather. It totally missed the memo. The memo was:

It is March now. That means spring. February was last month. That is when the snow was supposed to come.

And the weather totally missed that memo. What is even going on?

A friend and I decided tonight that even though February and March are similar they aren't supposed to switch clothes. I mean really. February March's clothes are a bit baggy on you and we don't mind when you wear them because spring is nice. But March. March you should never wear February's clothes. They are way too tight and no one wants to see that.

I was thinking tonight about just two weeks ago when a bunch of us decided to do our homework outside on the lawn and enjoy the sunshine and warmth. and then tonight there were another bunch of us who froze our hands off and had a rousing snowball fight. Which by the way was so much fun. But it is crazy how fast things can change.

I love watching the change in my life and others. I am really, by nature, a people watcher. And that my make me crazy, or creepy. But really it's fascinating. Today I woke up and in my head it was going to be a good day. And you know what! it was! I got to talk to some great people, a couple of those conversations totally made my day. and I got to go to work, which wasn't a highlight, but hey. And I got to tell my English teacher the question I want to write my persuasive essay on which I think is fascinating. Economic Sanctions and their effectiveness in foreign diplomacy, at which word did I lose you?

I got to have a discussion about life with my dear roommate. And somehow I inadvertently involved myself in a snowball fight. Which, while it was a blast, I cannot aim to save my life. and that has only been reconfirmed to me. I got to talk to another roommate about her drawing and the competition she is in. I understand more about deviantart and pokemon and comics than I did when this night began. And now I get to write about life and watch The Music Man Which is one of my all time favorite musicals. ranking right up there with The Sound of Music.

So guys I think that when you let life be good it is good and when you're scared of change and of having fun THAT is when you lose the joy of life.   Don't be afraid to do something you want to do today! there may not be a time tomorrow to do it and you may lose all the courage or the opportunity to do whatever it is you want to do. As Professor Harold Hill said:"Oh my little miss Librarian, you pile up enough tomorrows and you'll find you've collected nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays. I don't know about you but I'd like to make today worth remembering."

I agree. So join with me and make your today worth remembering.


No comments:

Post a Comment