I am on a journey of self-discovery, and this is what I have discovered. This morning at two a.m. I realized that if I drank alcohol I would probably be an alcoholic. Why did I come to this conclusion? Well.
Last night I went on the first date I have been on in quite some time. Try about eleven months. I haven't been on a date since my Senior Prom in April of 2014. And I had been freaking out over it for about all the days since I had been asked. Did I forget how to do the dating thing since I haven't been on one? Will I remember to let him get the door? Use my table manners? speak too much? not have anything to talk about? I think it is valid to say that I am a worrier. And also this was my introduction into the college dating world. So even more worry.
So I was literally thirsty all day, no matter how much I drank. And I realized also that when I was in High School I would drink the most when I had a huge test, or when I was at a debate tournament. No joke. I drink so much when I am nervous. And so this is how I came to the conclusion that if I drank alcohol I would be an alcoholic.
Also I know that I get addicted to things super easy in my life. Like books, chocolate, tv shows, my phone (which is bad), social media(also bad). I get addicted really easily and have a hard time then showing self-control. So I can't imagine if I were to do drugs or alcohol.
So there you have it. Not only will I never do drugs or drink alcohol because I am LDS and that is against the Word of Wisdom. I will also never do these things because I know that I will get addicted and it will ruin my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment