Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Blog

With time so scarce and me so busy
it seems as though an age has gone by
since last I sat a wrote a blog
with Savior of the World
Homework, Please! No more!
there is no time to write a blog,
unless I wish to sleep.
And yes, though odd it seems
I wish with all my heart.


So today my blog, has been already written
in form of poem, story, both.

The Fight

Brigitte E Hugh February 28, 2010

“It’s your fault”

“No, it’s yours”

A shouting match ensued

“I guess you’re not a true friend”
“I guess you aren’t either”

backs turned and off they stalked

and awkward silence spread

mind filled with regret but, quickly brushed aside

with thoughts of “No, it’s her fault, not mine”

following days were empty

without the reassuring presence

of their dearest friend

“Maybe I should take the first step”

the thought that crossed their minds

“but, no, it’s her fault she should say it first”

estranged from that calming presence

each girl struggled anew

until one day,

they met among the fray

each one started

to apologize

each one stopped

surprised

then they hugged

friendship there renewed

one silly squabble behind them

strengthened by their fight

no more will they struggle

through this world alone

they have each other ,

dearest friends


Average

Brigitte E Hugh 2010

When a child succeeds

we ooh and ah and shout

and when a child has struggles

we pay them extra mind

But when a child is average

neither high nor low

do we pay them mind?

for when a child is average

do they get pushed behind?

for teachers, it’s true,

Notice those with highest grades

or hose that have the lowest

but those who hold the middle

and do no right nor wrong

get recognized so little

it is as though they

existed not at all

May we pay attention

or may we pay the price

for not listening to

each average child


Battle

Brigitte E Hugh 2010

My life is an endless battle

From night to day

From day to night

My life is an endless war

In day with school

At night with dreams

My life is an endless conflict

With turmoil and strife

as well as feelings of life

my life is an endless skirmish

me against my feelings

me against myself

My life is an endless debate

Me against my homework

Me against my wants

My life is endless contention

In day with friends

In night with fickle fancies

My life is an endless dispute

From day to night

From night to day

My life is an endless battle

1 comment:

  1. Those were some very good poems you wrote. Each one has a constant form of rhythm or something else I cant name.
    I also loved it when you said
    Me against myself.
    That's so true.

    ReplyDelete