As I was doing this I started to think about my music listening habits. Admittedly I am one of the strangest music listeners you have ever met. My playlists are a strange conglomeration of about 6 different genres and a multiplicity of different artists. There are many who have commented on my strange music tastes.
However, I also go through phases. Literally every two weeks I fall in love with a new genre or group[ and I can listen to almost nothing but them. So quite frankly if you were to follow my listening habits you could probably track my emotional state, sometimes.
Take, for example, last spring. I was listening almost non stop to electro swing Caro Emerald and 21-pilots. I realized today that I was slightly depressed last spring. It wasn't clinical, and it didn't last very long, probably a month. But I was depressed. I identified with the melancholy found in those lyrics. A melancholy I no longer identify with and actually sometimes makes me highly uncomfortable.
Now Caro Emerald wouldn't lead you to believe that I was uncharacteristically sad, down and melancholic last spring, but 21-pilots certainly would.
Anyway. Music is a tell all to my current mood. I go through stages about love, and all I listen to is Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Michael Bublé and Dean Martin.
I go through movie music phases, I don't know what they say about my mood. Actually currently in that phase.
I go through cello loving phases. Well, okay that's not a phase. That's an always.
I go through Broadway phases, opera phases. I go through pop phases and classical music phases.
My music is as diverse as my personality and my many moods. But one thing stays constant.
Music is always.
No comments:
Post a Comment